It’s Valentine’s Day, which means it's time for romance.It’s time for flowers and chocolates and those little candied hearts that no one really likes, but we'll all eat anyways. It’s time for long walks, holding hands and for telling that special someone how you really feel.
It’s time celebrate the sappy and sentimental.
So today at Hyde Park Records, we’ll have in heavy rotation our favorite loves songs - songs so sickeningly twee, we almost can’t stand it... and yet love all the same.
So without further ado, here are some of the tracks that make us record geeks swoon:
1. Arthur Russell - A Little Lost
2. Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
3. Yo La Tengo - Our Way To Fall
4. Aretha Franklin - Natural Woman
5. Robert Glasper Experiment - Ah Yeah
6. Lyn Collins - If You Don't Know Me By Now
7. TV on the Radio - Lover's Day
8. Bumblebee Unlimited - Lady Bug
9. Millie Jackson - If Loving You is Wrong, I Don't Wanna Be Right
10. Beat Happening - Our Secret